Their activity will be held on Friday, January 27 at 10am to 2pm.
United Way of Tarrant County will serve as a drop-off location for the following items:
- New children’s books (ages 0-9) for the Wild About Reading program.
- The community clothing drive for the homeless.
In addition, volunteers will be able to write “Thank You” cards to veterans and our active military overseas.
Here are the details:
United Way of Tarrant County will collect the following items in our United Way Board room on Friday, January 27th between the hours of 10am and 2pm:
- New children’s books (ages 0-9) for the annual Wild About Reading Event to be held in March.
- New clothing items for the area homeless including t-shirts, socks and underwear in all sizes for men, women and children
- In addition, vo will have the opportunity to write “Thank You” cards for veterans at one of the writing stations available in the United Way Board room. Cards will be distributed to veterans in hospice, nursing and rehabilitation centers as well as veteran clients with area community partners. Additional cards will be distributed to active military overseas on the front lines.
No RSVP or reservation is required to participate and we will collect contact information the day of the event.